Yahoo! Mail is a free email service and it can be used from devices such as desktop and laptop computers, smart phones or any other mobile devices conveniently. It offers unlimited storage, spam filters and a virus scanner. In addition, an Yahoo account provides the users to access to a various other of services, like Yahoo news, Yahoo Sports, Flickr, and many more. Because of its accessibility and high technical features, in 2010, Yahoo! Mail became the second largest email provider on the Web.
There are few very simple steps that need to be completed to Sign Up for a Yahoo mail Account. The information shared in these steps helps to keep your account secure and safe.
- In any browser, navigate to the Yahoo! Mail login page.
- On the sign in area, at the top-left corner of the screen, there is option “Sign Up”. Click on that.
- A sign up form will appear asking your name, gender, birth date, country and postal code. Fill up this form completely.
- You will get two options to choose an ID name. You can choose your ID name from the suggestions listed make your own ID by typing in alternate. Yahoo! will check if that ID is already there. If it is, then modify the ID or choose a completely different ID. After finalizing the ID name, choose a password and retype it for confirmation.
While creating a password, make it sure that it is unique and strong to avoid the intruders and imposters. Avoid sequence or repeated characters. Longer password are safe. Always create new password for different ID.
- Yahoo! can help you out if you forget your ID name and password in future. For this purpose, you need to give an alternate email ID. Then choose a security question as well as an answer to complete the form.
- Now type in the code box at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally click on “Create My Account” at the bottom.
- And here, you have a Yahoo! Mail account. Yahoo! will display a page showing your account details and you will get an confirmation email to your alternate email address. You are then redirected to your inbox page, where you can personalize your account and start using it.
Further to keep your account more secure follow some preventive measures such as:
- Always create a new and unique password for your account.
- Equip all your devices with antivirus software.
- Never share your password to anyone, not even to your family and friends.
- Keep changing your password regularly. Better if you change it more often. Keep it always fresh.
- Look for yahoo.com
- If you are asked to change your password in any case, make it sure that it is a authorized request.
- Do not click on a link in an email. In stead, type the site’s URL into your browser’s address bar.