There are many reasons to change your AIM Mail or AOL Mail password.You may presume that your record has been hacked. You might need to change your secret word to something more grounded and more hard to reason, or you may simply need your AIM Mail or AOL Mail watchword to be something you can without much of a stretch recall.
Your password gives you access to your AOL record and benefits and ought to resemble a finger impression—interestingly yours. It's a smart thought to refresh your secret key frequently.
1. Sign in to your account security page.
2. Click Change password.
3. Enter the new password you'd like to use in both the New password and Confirm new password fields.
4. Click Continue.
5. Click Ok, got it.
Tips to create a strong password
A strong password is your first line of defense against intruders and imposters. Keep these tips in mind when creating or updating your password.
• Use unique words - Don't use obvious words like "password".
• Have 12 or more characters - Longer passwords are more secure.
• Don't be obvious - Don't use personal information like your name, your AOL username, birthday, etc.
• Avoid sequences or repeated characters - Don't use adjacent characters on your keyboard (QWERTY).
• Use a different password for each site - Otherwise, if someone acquires one password, they could use it to access all of your accounts.
Additional password tips
• Don't recycle them - Create new, unique passwords.
• Use antivirus software - Equip your computer with antivirus software.
• Don't share it - Never give out your password to anyone, not even friends.
• Keep it fresh - Change your password regularly. The more often, the better.
• Be cautious - If you're being asked to change your password, make sure it's a legitimate request.
• Type it out - Instead of clicking a link in an email, type the website's known and valid URL (such as aol.com) into your browser's address bar.
Change an AOL Password Using an Apple OS
Changing your AOL password on an Apple mobile device such as an iPhone, iPad or IPod touch is a two-step process. First, you must change your account password on the AOL website. Next, to get your AOL mail on your Apple device, you must change the password stored in the device's account settings. If you use a Mac, you only need to change the password on the website.
Change Password on Device
After you change the website password, tap "Settings" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, and then tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Tap "AOL," and then tap your AOL email address. Tap "Password," and then type your new AOL password. Tap "Done" to save the changes.