- April 15, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Fix AOL Email Error
How to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding or AOL Gold Stopped Working Issue?
AOL Desktop is software by AOL Inc., through which it lets its consumers to check their emails, chat, make an immediate search, listen to music, watch videos and so on.
Most of the consumers who use AOL email use AOL desktop software on their computer because it is very simple to use and protected in comparison to AOL webmail.
Most of the AOL email customers are well conscious of the features and usability of AOL desktop software.
AOL desktop comes with a modern interface, excellent design and some great features which require some of the system necessity and space.
But like different other software AOL desktop is not free from some of the technical flaws. Most of the customers have reported complains about the software at some point of time.
Any kind of issue that happens with AOL desktop could irritate a user particularly when it hampers accessing of emails.
Since AOL Desktop is a free version, thus it does not offer any official support for the software.
AOL also has the best version of the software that is recognized as “AOL Desktop Gold”. But for AOL desktop gold you require to pay some type of monthly subscription fee in order to avail the software and it has official technical support from AOL.
Thus, in this article, we will discuss the most common and most annoying issue that consumers have frequently complained about AOL desktop gold not responding.
Through this article, I will summarize reasons that would lead your AOL desktop gold not to respond and also steps to troubleshoot the issues.
Why AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding-
Here is the list of issues that are major causes of AOL desktop gold not responding issue-
- Compatibility issues.
- AOL desktop is outdated.
- Corrupt software- If the AOL desktop you are using is corrupted then you must fix the problem.
- Firewall rules- Some of the firewall rules also hinder the usage of the software.
- Insufficient RAM on the device- AOL desktop needs some amount of Random access memory (RAM) to function effectively. If you do not have sufficient ram, the software won’t function suitably.
- The occurrence of malicious programs on the device
- Conflict with antivirus programs.
- Bad internet connection.
Method to fix AOL Desktop Gold not responding issue:
Here I will summarize the steps through which you can troubleshoot AOL gold not responding issue.
This is one of the most general reasons that would interfere with the smooth running of your AOL desktop software.
Compatibility issue usually recommends that the system necessity does not match up the software requirements.
Such a situation might cause the software to crash commonly. So first of all, you require to ensure the system necessary for the software to be installed.
Here is the system necessity for installing AOL desktop-
- Operating system – Windows 7 / 8/ 8.1/ 10 or IOS version 10
- System Processor -266MHz or faster
- Screen Resolution -1068×768 or more
- RAM of approx 512 Mb.
- To check the system configuration of yours, you require to right click on my computer and click properties. Now you will able to notice the system information.
AOL desktop is not modern may let you fall in AOL desktop gold not responding issue-
- Do you know outdated software might generate multiple issues?
- Thus initially, of all you require to update the software to the latest version. To do this, you require to go to control panel and tap on add or remove programs and from the list of software.
- Search for AOL desktop and uninstall it. Once the software is uninstalled, you require to go to the AOL official website and download the latest version of AOL desktop.
Corrupt AOL desktop software might cause AOL desktop stopped working issue-
Occasionally because of reasons like virus attack or Trojans, the files required for running the AOL desktop software could be corrupted.
While in turn won’t let the software to run efficiently. In order to fix the software,
- You require to go to the control panel,
- From adding or remove program uninstall the software
- Reboot the computer
- Download the software from AOL official site
- And install it back again.
Firewall rules may also cause AOL desktop Stopped working issue-
- Some antivirus or anti-hacking software have firewall rules that might hamper with the execution of the AOL desktop software.
- Thus you require to make clear that those firewall rules are not affecting the smooth running of AOL Desktop.
- In order to fix this, disable every firewall in your device. Once you disable the firewall you require to reboot the software.
Insufficient ram can make AOL Desktop gold Stopped working problem-
This is also connected to the system necessity. Insufficient RAM would not let any software to run efficiently and AOL desktop is no exception.
You require to make sure you have sufficient free ram so that the software can run efficiently. To do this
- You require to -uninstall all the needless software that is taking up RAM on your computer.
- Visit to control panel and click on add/remove programs.
- And from the list, uninstall all of the unnecessary software.
- Open task manager by clicking control + alt + delete.
- Now go to the process tab and stop services that you do not need.
- Lastly, you can also enlarge your ram buy purchasing RAM chips with much space.
You can have AOL desktop gold not responding in the occurrence of malicious software or program-
- This is not rocket science that the occurrence of malicious software would affect the smooth running of your system and software.
- Existence of worms, virus, Trojans or any hacking software won’t let your AOL desktop to function suitably.
- In order to fix these problems, you require to scan your computer with the best antivirus. Once the scan is finished you need to reboot your computer, and afterward, open your AOL desktop.
You might have AOL gold not responding problem because of the Conflict with an antivirus program-
- Though, antivirus helps your computer to secure. Some of the antivirus conflicts with other software make issues in executing some of the software.
- Thus you require to make sure if the Antivirus or ant hacking software is not conflicting with your AOL desktop Gold.
- Thus you require to disable your antivirus, to do this you require to open your antivirus, go to the settings from the panel and turn it off.
- After disabling your antivirus, reboot your computer.
Poor Internet connection may also cause AOL desktop stopped functioning problem –
- Occasionally, poor internet connection might also affect the running of your AOL desktop software.
- Thus, you require to make sure you have a working internet connection. To do this, you can launch any web browser and try visiting any websites.
- If you are not able to open the websites, it must be an internet issue.
AOL Customer service Number for most adequate solutions:
Dial AOL customer service Number to easily fix AOL Desktop Not Responding issue. We as an independent third party AOL customer service team have earned a huge name in industry serving millions of AOL users all across the world. We are backed up with a team of certified, trained & knowledgeable AOL experts to deal with all errors and issues easily. Feel free to dial us whenever need, we are accessible round the clock for your easiness.
Read More Blogs: